Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A Stunning Blog Post, about a Lot More than Sex!

I "liked" a page on Facebook called The Gypsy Priestess . Today, they posted this, which just blew me away. It is about a lot more than just sex, and pretty much catalogs everything I want, need, and yearn for in my life as an antidote to all those hours I spend in an airless apartment moving punctuation around and fixing type fonts.  It is really a credo to live by.

In other news, yesterday at my lesson my teacher and I tried to brainstorm about what to do next.  Maybe take Carmen into a nursing home?  Those venues are always free.  Or maybe do something with Gioconda.  My Don Jose is singing Enzo now, and we would sound great together.  I probably wouldn't do anything until the Spring - once a year for a self-produced concert is about all I can manage (I would do more if I didn't have choir and these little ad hoc concerts like the one on September 11.)

My teacher also said that he thought the Carmen was the best thing I had done and that I had made a big breakthrough.  The problem is I cannot immerse myself in this totally.

I am very happy with it overall; on the other hand the fact that it was so poorly attended and that it didn't even warrant being what my mother used to call "a conversation piece" in my broader social circle (who can go to free concerts at Juilliard, etc. whenever they feel like and therefore don't consider something like this "real" music) is very disheartening.

No comments:

Post a Comment