Friday, January 22, 2016

Comic Relief

Rather than bore you with another of my awful Faust days (I had to hear a lot about Little Miss yesterday, which spoiled any pleasure I had been taking in getting to wail out a top F and G in a choir piece), here is some comic relief.  Many people have posted these on Facebook from time to time, so I figured out how to make one of my own.  The problem is that there is a typo and I couldn't get the image back into "edit" mode to fix it.

It boils down to:

She gets to sing in numerous real operas with prestigious companies, I produce my own home-made concerts.
She has a boyfriend who is a prestigious musician who posts pictures of her (with much kvelling)  all over Facebook, I have a partner who finally realizes how much it means for me to sing (it only took 10 years - no wait!! don't I mean 40??)
She has a prestigious voice teacher who posts encouragement on Facebook.  My teacher doesn't use Facebook.
She gets to dress up and pretend to be someone else, I'm sitting here cleaning up commas.

She's 23, I'm 65.

This afternoon I have a date with myself to practice before I leave for my eldercare weekend (with my cane, so that I won't fall in the snow tomorrow).

I hope this is good for a laugh anyhow.



No comments:

Post a Comment