Friday, July 27, 2012

The Artist's Collage

One of my assignments this week for from The Artist's Way is to make a collage. As I've said, the edition of the book that I'm using is from the 1990s, so it doesn't take all the wonderful things that can be done digitally into account. The assignment involved tearing and cutting images from magazines and pasting them into - something. Well, I have decided to do it here. It's supposed to be about my past, present, and future, and about things I yearn for or that speak to me. So... I will start out with this - an image posted today on Facebook. If I could move into this I would.



Next, as it's supposed to be about my past, here are my mother and I at the Gay Pride march in Washington DC, c. 1991.  I got to be a little bit of fluff, twirling a baton in a great outfit.  My mother would have preferred that I polemicized my way into politics, but...


and here I am a few years later in an even better outfit.  I never had a senior prom or any other special event where I could dress up, but I had this


and this


Just because, here are few shot of me, interspersed with some of my singer idols.  



and here are some pictures, just because...















And so may my 62nd year go out with a bang!

No comments:

Post a Comment