Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What I Yearn for and How to Get It

I rarely post twice in one day, but I came across this post on my reading list and had to share it, because it is this that I feel so desperately deprived of, as a mature, now officially "physically challenged" church and concert soloist.

I yearn to dress up, get into mischief, flirt, play with props.  Especially in the realm of make believe on someone else's dime.

Sure, I could try to stage "fancy dress" parties (as the British call them) but it would probably cost a fortune (I can hardly see doing this in my studio apartment!) and the little bit of mischief I get into has to be very discreet.

If I can barely get on and off a bus and am so terrified of slipping on the sidewalk that I use a cane not only if it's snowing but even if it's just raining (and this has nothing to do with my recent back injury), I can hardly run all over a stage engaging in high jinks.

OK, so what can I do?

Lean back against the piano singing "Moonfall".  My SO won't be at the concert so I can wear something low cut.

Slither among the guests singing the "Habanera" and hand out flowers.  The producer is going to give me some beautiful silk roses so I won't need to buy any.  And even I can walk indoors in heels, and if I think the floor is slippery, I can wear ballet flats.

No comments:

Post a Comment