Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Wednesday at the Cat Cafe

Not wanting to be in a petless house, I have now started looking for another cat.I went to the web site Anjellicle Cats and found this little love.

He's a tuxedo, like my partner's Darby, but smaller.  I was told that he was at a place called Koneko Cat Cafe .

I went there to see him and maybe he's the one.  He seemed a little lethargic and did not respond to his name ("Cashew", which I will change to "Cash"), but the woman in charge said that a lot of the cats were tired (it was 2:00) because some children had been there earlier.  She said I should come back on another day at 11.  I will do that after the rescue organization has approved my application.  I submitted it Monday and am of course on pins and needles.  They have to call references that I provided but have not done that yet.

I saw two other cats at the Cafe that I liked, both a little bigger than Cash and a little older.  The yellow one is Paris and the tabby is Sammy (Sammy nipped me when I tried to pet him, which was not a good sign.)

One thing that I was disappointed by is that I wasn't allowed to pick the cats up.  I want to see how they respond to being picked up because for me that's big thing.  Cash did lick my hand finally when I petted him, so I am pretty sure he is the one but not 100%.  

I haven't done much singing the past few days, but I did run through "Condotta" on Monday and had a lesson yesterday.  Tomorrow is choir practice, which is fun, but I have to be careful not to lose this big Verdian sound that I have worked so hard for and finally really found, I think.  This coming Monday I have made a date with myself to run through the entire program, timing it for breaks.  I hope I can have a cat here if not this coming Monday (what I had hoped) then the following.  It's lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment