Thursday, September 15, 2016

Now I Will Always Have Cash on Hand

Well, right now it almost seems that this is becoming a cat blog instead of a singing blog!

As of Monday, I have a new member of the family.  

If you read my previous post, there was a black and white cat (sort of an imperfect tuxedo) named "Cashew" whom I met at the Koneko Cat Cafe.  

Well, now he's mine and I've renamed him "Cash".  He's sweet and loving and low key and likes to snuggle.

The only worry I have is that he has a nasal polyp that needs to be removed.  The rescue people will pay to have it done, in fact they offered to have that taken care of before they brought him to me, but I didn't want that, I wanted him here to cherish for a while.  I said I would contact them about the surgery after my concert.  It is not an emergency, but my primary care vet said that I need to get it done because the polyp could get bigger and cause problems.  Right now it just causes him to sound like he's snoring when he's sleeping, and his purr is a bit gutteral sounding.

Here are some photos.





His favorite places are the pillow that Charlotte used to sleep on, and this kitty condo.  It hasn't had a cat in it for at least five years. 

In other news, Trovatore is going really really well, and I have had fun working on the script.

Maybe these pastiches of opera and narrative are a new "niche" that I have found?

No comments:

Post a Comment