Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Little Better

I am feeling a little better today. The visit to the assisted living facility went well. It's almost too good to be true. I hope my partner can move in there and she can be cared for and I can get on with my life.

I didn't think I'd have time to squeeze in a practice but I simply made myself. It meant working at my editing for pay one hour less than I should have, but tomorrow I can work all day because obviously I don't sing for more than 15 minutes before I go to choir practice.

I sang the dreaded section of the Introit (measures 36 to 41) on "oo" with my mouth closed and was able to sing a tiny high A in the front of my lips. It was not quite as small as the cottonmouth thing, but more reliable. I can't do it, though, if I sing measures 36 through 39 full voice. I also sang through Liber Scriptus. I am going to sing that at my group coaching on Saturday. It is going well. So my plan for tomorrow is to see if I can get through those measures on "oo". What's a rehearsal for, after all, but a place to try things out? The only thing I can't "try out" is anything that will make that note come out loud or ugly. I could do that in a lesson but not a choir rehearsal. Then I can sing the expletive deleted out of the runs in the Kyrie minus measures 41 and 48 and of course the Dies Irae. I'm an angry Goddess now anyhow, feeling pushed into the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment