Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Back to Business

First, at my voice lesson yesterday my teacher and I finalized that what I should do for my 2014 concert is excerpts from Carmen.

He thought I should do:

Habanera
Sequidilla (as a duet)
Song and dance duet
Card Scene
Death Scene

This will require a tenor, and then I can let someone else do something else for the second half of the program.  Maybe the Spanish woman would like to do something.  After September 11 I will get in touch with her about using the performance space.

My teacher feels that I sing this material well (if I am still not comfortable with the B in the "Seguidilla" - although it is sounding better than it ever has - I can transpose that page down a half step).

And the work I did on Werther is not wasted.  I sing the "Letter Scene" very well, and it is something I can use for another time.

For September 11 I hope I can sing one or two of the Jake Heggie songs.  The Spanish woman knows a flautist who might be able to play the accompaniment.

And I have a definite date to sing the Bach "Laudamus te" for a church solo with the violinist.

So I feel back in the swing of things.

I'm also hoping that my involvement with the writing class prods me to finish the "Cinderella" play and do something with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment