Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thank You

Well, you never know.

A friend to whom I forwarded the link to the new video of "Angel" from the September concert (I was happy with how I sounded but not with the videography; the focus should have been on my face and upper body rather than having a long view where the largest item in the frame was the piano) told me that the (first) woman whose blog post upset me had posted a nice comment.

I was totally astounded.  Yes, she did, and I know if she said something nice, she meant it.

I have a sneaking suspicion she may read this from time to time (if only to keep her finger on the pulse of what's going on in the world of voice students) so if you drop by, thank you.  Thank you very much.

Tonight I went to the Blessing of the Animals service at the church with pictures of my cats.  I got to hold a little papillon in my arms because a woman had come with two dogs and that one needed to be held because she had just had dental surgery and anesthesia.  This past year and a half is the first time in 40 years I haven't had a dog.

I found the service very healing.  One of the women who led the service said that "animals teach us to forgive".

Now I am here with my cat on my lap.

I hope my Spanish song book comes soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment