Sunday, May 25, 2014

Self Referential

I very rarely make a blog post that simply refers back to another blog post, but this so says everything that I am feeling right now, and needs no updating, that I had to simply refer back to it.

A friend from the church where I sing who often chides me for being sad, or self-deprecating, is one of the people I referred to here as being surprised and astounded by things.  In fact, she made a post on Facebook yesterday quoting Hugh Jackman as having said "the wonderful thing about living in New York is that when you walk outside your building, everything you see is a surprise."  (Then people did a riff on the word "building" about how strange it seemed to them or their families.)

I just never have those feelings.

I wish I did.

I suppose the language of "immigrants" (that's all I can think of calling them because to me, most of the rest of America that is not a major metropolitan center with public transportation is more foreign than many foreign countries) continues to be - well, foreign, to me.

I so so so so desperately need a change.



No comments:

Post a Comment