Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A Real Beginning to Something Real?

Last night's Carmen was the best experience I have had singing to date.  I sang well, I acted well (we were singing from books and there was no staging, but I did use some movement, gestures, and facial expressions), and I knew all my music.

Best of all,  there was an audience of 150 people!  The venue was an LGBT senior center (not a residence) and of course a lot of gay men love opera (the audience was mostly male) and the program was scheduled to follow dinner.

My teacher wrote to me to say how "proud" he was of me, and that he hoped we could do something there again.  He said his wife loved narrating and that she would be happy to provide some kind of narration for a concert of opera scenes in the future.

The woman coordinating the event took video clips, so when I get them (if I don't get them by next week I will contact her) I will mention that we would be happy to sing there again.  I'm sure that they would be happy to have us because we got tons of compliments.

My partner was there with her friend, who has spent her life as an actress, and they both loved it.

So maybe this will be the beginning of my being "sought after", even on a small scale?

I hope to have videos soon, as well as some stills that my former boss took.  In the meantime, here are two selfies I snapped as I walked to the elevator.



No comments:

Post a Comment