Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Yes! A Real Beginning of Something Real!

Today I got an email from the events manager at the venue where we sang on Monday and she said that people loved us and were thrilled with the performance.  She asked if we could come back and do something new in the Fall.  The email went to my teacher and his wife (and the pianist).  I wrote to him separately saying "Let's discuss this at my next lesson".  We had talked about doing Trovatore or maybe Samson et Dalila.  I had wanted to work on the scene from Tannhauser with Venus, but I don't think that's "accessible" enough for this type of a venue.

Also we will have to come up with a good script.  The Merimee novella is literature.  Opera plot synopses are not.  But we will come up with something.

In the meantime, here are some stills from the performance (still no videos).





1 comment: