Thursday, April 21, 2016

Back to the Wizard of Oz OR My Kingdom for a Video

Well guess what?  I woke up this morning, read my email, looked at Facebook, and there was a video clip of Little Miss, posted by her musician/composer/conductor boyfriend, with endless kvelling.

I have, to date, not been able to obtain the video of me singing "I Know that My Redeemer Liveth".  The church Communications Director said it was too big to download easily, although when we last spoke, he was doing just that.  I don't want to bother him again.  It's too bad, because I was happy with how I sounded, at least in the bit that I heard.

Yes, I have talent, and now I have a decent technique too, and I'm even pretty good looking for someone almost 66, but what I don't have (hence the Wizard of Oz reference) are any cheerleaders.

My voice teacher doesn't know how to make videos with a phone.  He says he used to make videos of all his performances (I guess someone else operated the camera) but he now has told me he doesn't like how he looks on camera.  He is going to make an audiotape of Carmen, he told me.

Well, I guess the next thing I am going to do is write to my former boss, the photographer, and see if he can bring some kind of camera to document the performance in some manner or form, so that I can have something to post and kvell over.

How can I not feel despondent when no one even cares enough about all this to document me?

Is this little blog really all there is?

No comments:

Post a Comment