Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Unforgettable?

Overall, things have been going very well.

I nailed the big note at the end of the anthem, with no negative feedback that it was unsuitably loud.

And I now have a "fan".  A woman who is a seminarian studying to be a minister as a second career, who is also an artist and a poet, has come up to me and raved not just about three solos that she heard me sing, but also about hearing my voice cut across the top of the choir singing the "Hallelujah Chorus" and this past Sunday's anthem.

And last night I sang through the entire Carmen program, setting the timer for the breaks I will get when the narrator is reading, and everything went well (even the B in the "Sequidilla"!) and I did not get tired. I need to work on the "Card Aria" and some of the recitative, but otherwise that's it.

In less happy news, I have still not received the video of "Redeemer".  When I asked the Communications Director for it last Sunday (it had been a week) I prefaced my request with "I know how busy you are" and he said, "Oh, it's not that, I just forgot".

Now "forgetting"  is not something that sits well with me on any level.  Being too busy, yes, I understand that.  It was like Rich Lady apparently having "forgotten" my birthday.  I WILL NOT BE "FORGETTABLE".  I will not have that.

When I wrote to a friend and asked her what she thought I should do next, she told me to ask him, when I see him this coming Sunday, just to email me the video then and there.  It is probably something he can do with his phone.  He had also, when he first made it, said that if I wanted, he could cut it down so that I could use a section of it for posting.  Then my friend said "Don't take it personally, it's not about you."  But that's the whole point. I'm upset because "it wasn't about me".  I want things to be "about me".  At least sometimes.  At least as much as Little Miss has things that are "about her". She doesn't have to beg people for videos and plead with them to post them on Facebook and kvell.  People just do it.  And all I was asking for was a video.  I was willing to do my own kvelling, such as could be done without being "unseemly".

People: is this lady really so forgettable?






No comments:

Post a Comment