Monday, August 19, 2013

I Have Waited Nine Years for This

Today I should be very proud and happy.  The woman from the bookstore emailed me a link to a publishing industry 'zine that had my Habanera Youtube video embedded in it.  She wrote in her email to me "You're a star" and said that everybody loved it.

I reposted it on Facebook in this context and got a lot of positive feedback about it.  I worked for nine years for something like this, just some tiny scrap of recognition.

Now of course this is now up in the unprotected universe of Youtube, so I got so far four "likes" and two "dislikes", and two positive comments, both from friends.  The video of me singing "Angel" that is on the church Youtube channel has "like, dislike, comments" disabled, which makes sense, as there can be a lot of snark and silliness on Youtube, and the church videographer did not want that migrating into the environment of a church Facebook page.

I also am happy that I made a reservation to take my SO to Ogunquit, Maine for her 80th birthday.  If I follow the advice I got from the Well Spouse and think of her as a beloved family member who is getting old and might not have that many more birthdays, I feel good about myself, and filled with love and compassion and happiness. If, on the other hand, I see myself as part of a couple, the fact that I am paying for something makes me not feel good about myself because of course attractive women should be the ones being treated, not the ones doing the treating.  So I just want to leave things that I am fulfilling a birthday wish, and we will both be happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment