Thursday, August 8, 2013

Bookstore Success

I am extremely tired and am about to just crash and watch Jackson Brodie, but I need to let readers know that the bookstore "Habanera" was a big success.  I don't want to post the video here, because it has my real name on it (it is done very professionally as a piece of promotional material for the publisher) but if anyone wants to see it, just leave a comment with your email address (I screen all comments) and I will email it to you.

I sang and acted well.  I am not 100% thrilled with how I looked (although I looked better in the video than in the stills - which I will post here).  Black hair is not flattering, particularly.  When I did the Habanera in costume at the fundraiser in 2009 I had my makeup professionally done and I was wearing something with long sleeves (it was February - Valentine's Day, in fact, 5 years after my fateful duet with the Mentor).  This time I did my own makeup, which was fine on my face, but I had a short sleeved top on, and my arms are decidedly white and un-gypsy-like.  I had thought they would be covered by the shawl, but  they weren't.  Also I really do have a midriff bulge.  I don't weigh any more than I did 10 years ago but I am three inches shorter and I guess that is where it all went.

In any event, the woman from the publisher really loved my performance, so I shouldn't be self-deprecating.

And my singing overall continues to improve.

On a related subject, I heard from the filmmaker again, and she says we are on target to start doing something with the Bach that I am supposed to record.  I paid to have the sheet music transposed down, but once the project is underway she will need to pay an accompanist (or pay for me to get an mp3 file of the aria transposed down).




No comments:

Post a Comment