Saturday, August 7, 2010

Not a Good Pre-Performance Day

I had hoped to spend today doing a few simple chores for my partner, being snuggly with her and the dog, and resting for tomorrow's performance. (So ok, ok, to most of the Forum crowd, and the people auditioning for C and D houses, it's not a big deal, it's just a "Musicale" in someone's living room. But it's a big deal to me, as being the first time I'm singing the Judgment Scene (with 3 high As) in public.)

First of all, my partner lives in a Collyersoid dump full of papers and dust. Not to mention that almost anything is an occasion for a quarrel(if I want to be honest, I suppose she's my ex partner, but I try not to get too personal in this blog - I save that for "the other place").

And it finally came out why she hates everything to do with my singing (unless it's in church). It's because places where I might be singing are co-ed i.e. full of straight men

Which brings me back to the subject of earlier posts where I mentioned that being a Lesbian (actually I'm now a closet bi, but nevermind) trying to be successful in a mainstream art form, was so impossible.

The kind of Lesbian she is or wanted me to be, is really not that different from being Amish or Hassidic.

So now I just have to get a good night's sleep, eat healthily tomorrow, not have any aggro, and hope for the best. If nothing else, I sang really really well in yesterday's runthrough. I have really never sung high notes like that before.

No comments:

Post a Comment