Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Update on Voice Teacher

I spoke to my teacher on the phone about an hour ago and he sounded like himself. If I hadn't known he had had surgery last night I wouldn't have known anything was wrong.

He said they told him he would have to "take it easy" for several months (which I guess means no heavy singing) but he can go back to teaching next week. He says he plans to come to the concert.

He and his wife are chasing down a tenor who knows the entire rep. He is not a "professional" and therefore would not expect to get paid. He is a high level avocational singer who has sung Manrico and Radames. If he hasn't sung Otello he and the soprano can substitute something else. (I think they know each other.)

If that doesn't work I will call the woman who rents out the concert venue to see if she knows a tenor. I mean the city is crawling with people who are dying to get up in front of an audience and sing opera.

I really hope we can find a tenor because then I can do the Trovatore scene that I've worked so hard on for so many months. If not, maybe the soprano and I can sing the Gioconda duet and I can sing another aria, and I can bring the bass in to sing the "Judgment Scene" with me (and he can sing something).

I just really don't want this concert to go belly up.

Another piece of good news is that Yahoo was true to its word and after 11 this morning I was able to access my account by answering the security question, which apparently was "what city was my mother born in"? But I think I want to keep Gmail as my primary account as it is much more user friendly.

I am now totally drained emotionally and didn't get enough sleep -for me. I need 8 hours. I did get a lot of work done, though, and plan to work for another 3 hours before I have to get ready to go to choir practice. Fortunately I don't think I have to sing anything with high notes tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment