Thursday, September 22, 2011

You Can't Keep a Good Mezzo Down

I feel somewhat quilty sharing good news today (I am sad beyond belief over the killing of Troy Davis) but today is a new day, and as our wonderful choir director said at the end of last night's rehearsal "let us thank God for another day of life", so let me say that I am thrilled to announce that

WE HAVE A TENOR

My teacher and his wife found someone who has sung Manrico and Radames, and who knows Otello (and can probably sing the "Libiamo" from Traviata). Also, he has his own business so he can come to afternoon rehearsals.

I am a little nervous because the bars in "Condotta" that include the dreaded high B flat are something I sing together with the tenor, and my teacher, knowing how nervous I was, had a plan all mapped out, but actually, that has been going better, so I should just trust to God and technique and the spirit of the moment.

So now I'm off to get my hair done.

1 comment: