Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's Over

So the concert is over. I didn't sing as well as I would have liked. The B flat in "Condotta" was fine but the room was so dry that I found singing very effortful. Then of course I got nervous and my breathing got off. I had trouble with the A in the big run in the duet although I saved myself at the end.

I thought the intermission break would do me good (I had a cough drop and some water) but again it was so dry I felt like my throat was closing up and I didn't do well with the first A flat in the Aida duet although I finished the piece off with a bang.

And I think I did an excellent acting job and everything went pretty smoothly musically give or take once or twice when we were not together with the pianist.

Both my teacher and the soprano said they had heard me sing it better but neither made me feel I had sung it badly, so that was good, and the soprano said she would be interested in singing with me again, so I asked her if she knew the soprano part to the Verdi Requiem and she said she did and she might be interested.

My choir director and the pastor from my church came. I was quite surprised that the pastor came because she hadn't RSVP'd one way or another. They both seemed to really like it and I know the choir director has very high standards. The elderly violinist also came. They all said how big my voice is and that they wish they could hear me in a big house, which was flattering. And a few friends came.

I feel sort of numb. Not pleased enough with it to be euphoric, but not devastated either.

I will know more when I hear the tape my teacher made, if it comes out.

So now I have family business to take care of, and plans for the CD I want to make, with the help of my "angel".

And now I have to go to bed because I have to be at church at 8:30. Not a problem as we are singing something simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment